Delicata, Butternut & Kale with Maple Dressing
This is the second recipe of a two recipe streak. I wonder if you can call it that if there are only two recipes, but I'll use it anyways.
Earlier this week, I posted another recipe using the same base ingredients ( kale + squash ) and it's divine. This one, is just as good if not better. Seriously. It uses these wonderful ingredients which are in season. They're my new black.
Love love love. Enjoy fall my darlings.
wheat free, egg free, dairy free, soy free, vegan.
Makes 2 portions
4-5 kale leaves
1 butternut squash, halved
½ C walnut seeds
2 T olive oil
1 t maple syrup
½ lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic
Salt & pepper
5 mins prep + 35 mins cook
1. Cut your squash in half and place face up on a baking sheet.
2. Spread some olive oil on the flesh and bake at 375 for about 35 minutes, checking halfway.
3. Shred kale by cutting into strips as thin as possible.
4. Remove squash from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before dicing.
5. To make dressing mix lemon, olive oil, maple syrup, minced garlic, salt & pepper.
6. To assemble, mix kale, squash, walnuts, potatoes & mix in the dressing.